Unlike other injectable treatments such as Botox® Cosmetic, Dysport®, Juvederm®, Restylane® and others; fat injections use your own fat tissue, so there is extremely remote risk of allergic reaction and no allergy test needed before treatment. For most patients, a large percentage of the transferred fat will remain, but be reabsorbed by the body within 6 months of the procedure. Touch-up treatments will help you retain the improved look.
Fat injections are an excellent complement to other cosmetic surgery procedures performed at Divino Plastic Surgery such as face lift. To highlight the increased volume in your skin, you may also want to consider a resurfacing procedure like microdermabrasion or a chemical peel for a completely rejuvenated look. Often, fat injections are the best way to improve certain areas of the body where surgical implantation or smoothing is impractical.
Fat injection procedures usually take less than an hour, with Dr. Carlos Chacon making every effort to ensure your comfort and safety during your visit. Schedule a consultation by calling 858-633-7546. If you have any questions about financing your Fat Injection procedure, please visit our financing page.
What is a fat injection procedure?
This procedure, also known as autologous fat transplantation, involves removing fat from one area of the body (commonly the hips, thighs or abdomen), purifying it and then transferring it to the area targeted for cosmetic improvement. It is ideal for people who are unhappy with a disproportionately thin body shape in certain areas or those looking to plump their skin in an effort to “fill out” their faces and maintain a youthful look.
The Benefits of Fat Injections
- Create a better balance in the shape of your face or body
- Add fullness to sunken or wrinkled areas of the lips, cheeks and chin
- Refresh an aged appearance in the hands
- Improve body contour in the buttocks for a more sensuous, flattering look
Why consider fat injections?
At first, it may sound a little strange to inject fat into areas of your body. After all, isn’t thin always in? The truth is that for many of us, there’s an area or two on the body or face that isn’t quite as full or plump as we’d like, and this thinner appearance only gets worse as we age. To correct the lack of volume, Dr. Chacon can perform fat injections, offering an improved look that lasts many months before any touch-up treatment is required. Don’t be dissatisfied with your self-image any longer. Request a consultation with Dr. Chacon at Divino Plastic Surgery today.
What should I expect from the Divino Plastic Surgery fat injection procedures?
Dr. Chacon and the staff at Divino Plastic Surgery are committed to helping you find the treatment that makes the most sense for achieving your cosmetic goals. Fat injection procedures usually take less than an hour, and our team will make every effort to ensure your comfort and safety.
What about recovery?
Most patients experience minimal discomfort during and after the procedure. Some swelling and redness can be expected for a few days, both where the fat is removed from and where it is injected. Dr. Chacon will explain more about risks, the recovery process and protecting your new look during your consultation.
- Dr. Chacon specializes in cosmetic procedures of the face, nose, breast, and body.
- Dr. Chacon completed thousands of procedures in advanced fellowship training specializing in cosmetic surgery endorsed by the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery.
- Dr. Chacon served as an Aesthetic Surgery Clinical Instructor for the University of Southern California Division of Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery in Los Angeles, CA.
- Dr. Chacon has a keen eye for aesthetic artistry; his peers and patients recognize Dr. Chacon as the plastic surgeon that delivers desired results.
- Dr. Chacon has contributed to multiple, large clinical studies on a number of procedures and safety, presenting in statewide and national meetings.
- Dr. Chacon is a Continuing Medical Education Course Instructor in advanced surgical techniques.
- Dr. Chacon has coauthored and presented clinical studies on the Safety of Combined Surgery.
- Dr. Chacon’s Experience and Philosophy
- Dr. Chacon’s Professional Resume