What is a Mini Tummy Tuck procedure?
The Mini Tummy Tuck, also known as the Mini Adominoplasty, is a procedure that smooths a portion of the abdomen below the belly button. Both a Mini Tummy Tuck and a Full Tummy Tuck can be used to tighten the stomach muscles if they have excess laxity. A full Tummy Tuck and a Mini Tummy Tuck both tighten up the abdominal skin but the Mini Tummy Tuck has a much smaller incision as opposed to an abdominoplasty which typically has a longer incision.
Why consider a Mini Tummy Tuck?
The Mini Abdominoplasty procedure is best suited for patients with a pouch instead of saggy skin below their belly button. It is also suitable for patients with stretch marks resulting from a C-Section and it is a less intensive procedure then a regular tummy tuck.
What should I expect from the Divino Plastic Surgery Mini Tummy Tuck?
It is important to know that the Mini Tummy Tuck is used to improve the shape and contour of the area below the belly button. As a benefit from the smaller incision the Mini Tummy Tucks do not require the belly button to be moved like a full Tummy Tuck procedure and the scar is smaller and less noticeable.
What about recovery?
The recovery time for a Mini Tummy Tuck is less than it is for a full abdominoplasty because it is less invasive. There is still some down time for recovery. Dr. Chacón will discuss your specific lifting limitations with you prior to your procedure. The incision lengths vary from six inches for a mini to the full circumference of the abdomen for a full Tummy Tuck. To help minimize the appearance of scars the incision is made in the bikini or boxer region. This minimizes scaring and allows the patient to cover the area with clothing during recovery.
Click here to request a consultation with Dr. Chacón at Divino Plastic Surgery today or call us at 858-633-7546.
- Dr. Chacón specializes in cosmetic procedures of the face, nose, breast and body.
- Dr. Chacón completed thousands of procedures in advanced fellowship training in cosmetic surgery endorsed by the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery.
- Dr. Chacón served as an Aesthetic Surgery Clinical Instructor for the University of Southern California Division of Plastic Surgery in Los Angeles.
- Dr. Chacón has a keen eye for aesthetic artistry; his peers and patients recognize Dr. Chacón as the plastic surgeon that delivers desired results.
- Dr. Chacón has contributed to multiple, large clinical studies on a number of procedures and safety presenting in statewide and national meetings.
- Dr. Chacón is a Continuing Medical Education course instructor in advanced surgical techniques
- Dr. Chacón has coauthored and presented clinical studies on safety of combined surgery
- Dr. Chacón’s Experience and Philosophy
- Dr. Chacón’s Professional Resume