For some breast augmentation patients a breast implant removal is the best solution to achieve overall comfort and well-being. Patients seldom decide they no longer want their implants, so removal is typically part of a revision of a previous breast enhancement. Saline implants tend to be easier to remove than silicone implants.
Is a Breast Implant Removal for me?
Three common reasons for Breast implant removal:
- Undesired change of size and shape
- Experiencing implant leakage or rupture of the implant
- You have a capsular contracture
Breast Implant Removal Surgery and Results
Before your procedure Dr. Chacon and his highly trained aesthetic team will answer all of your questions and make sure you understand your procedure and recovery thoroughly. Safety, privacy, comfort, and excellence in treatment is our top priority to you as our patient.
Simple removal of saline implants can be performed under local anesthesia. Silicone removal may need IV sedation or general anesthesia. When implants are removed as part of a revision or reconstruction general anesthesia is recommended.
Recovery from breast implant removal surgery is usually quick, with many patients returning to everyday activity within a few days. It’s important to compress the breast area after implant removal to help the skin to retract as best possible.
The DIVINO Difference
- Dr. Chacon specializes in cosmetic procedures of the face, nose, breast, and body.
- Dr. Chacon completed thousands of procedures in advanced fellowship training specializing in cosmetic surgery endorsed by the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery.
- Dr. Chacon served as an Aesthetic Surgery Clinical Instructor for the University of Southern California Division of Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery in Los Angeles, CA.
- Dr. Chacon has a keen eye for aesthetic artistry; his peers and patients recognize Dr. Chacon as the plastic surgeon that delivers desired results.
- Dr. Chacon has contributed to multiple, large clinical studies on a number of procedures and safety, presenting in statewide and national meetings.
- Dr. Chacon is a Continuing Medical Education Course Instructor in advanced surgical techniques.
- Dr. Chacon has coauthored and presented clinical studies on the Safety of Combined Surgery.
- Dr. Chacon’s Experience and Philosophy
- Dr. Chacon’s Professional Resume