Breast reduction surgically reduces and reshapes the size of breasts. The physical strain and self-consciousness resulting from a large breast size can create very real pain or discomfort, and potentially impede your sense of well-being. If the size of your breasts has been causing any of these feelings, breast reduction can be the answer to help you achieve a comfortable and healthy lifestyle.
Breast Reduction can:
- Relieve the physical discomfort associated with oversized breasts
- Improve the balance of your figure
- Refresh and reinvigorate your appearance
- Enhance your self-image and self confidence
Planning Your Procedure
No two patients have the same goals or bodies, so each consultation with Dr. Chacon includes a detailed physical assessment and a thorough, personal discussion of your expectations and motivations.
The most popular approach, the short-scar breast reduction, can accurately reshape a wide range of breast sizes with a maximum of surgical accuracy, while limiting the associated scarring.
Dr. Chacon helps the patients make the choice from the following surgical options:
- Incision type: This decision largely depends on the current size and shape of your breasts, as well as the extent of reduction you desire. We will help you choose an approach that offers the best results for your physique.
- Combination approaches: Often, a greater amount of breast tissue will cause large breasts to sag sooner and more severely, especially after weight fluctuations. If these characteristics are present, a breast reduction with a breast lift is often recommended.
Breast Reduction Surgery and Results
Before your procedure, Dr. Chacon will answer all of your questions and make sure you thoroughly understand your procedure and recovery. Safety, privacy, comfort, and excellence in treatment are our top priorities to you as our patient.
Breast reduction surgery is performed under general anesthesia, meaning you will be completely asleep and feel nothing during surgery. The surgery is performed as an outpatient procedure, but some patients prefer an overnight stay. Most of Dr. Chacon’s breast reduction patients are back to their normal activities within a week, although for more extensive procedures your body may require more time to adjust.
Click here to request a consultation with Dr. Chacon at Divino Plastic Surgery today or call us at 858-633-7546. If you have any questions about financing your Breast Reduction procedure, please visit our financing page.
- Dr. Chacon specializes in cosmetic procedures of the face, nose, breast, and body.
- Dr. Chacon completed thousands of procedures in advanced fellowship training specializing in cosmetic surgery endorsed by the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery.
- Dr. Chacon served as an Aesthetic Surgery Clinical Instructor for the University of Southern California Division of Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery in Los Angeles, CA.
- Dr. Chacon has a keen eye for aesthetic artistry; his peers and patients recognize Dr. Chacon as the plastic surgeon that delivers desired results.
- Dr. Chacon has contributed to multiple, large clinical studies on a number of procedures and safety, presenting in statewide and national meetings.
- Dr. Chacon is a Continuing Medical Education Course Instructor in advanced surgical techniques.
- Dr. Chacon has coauthored and presented clinical studies on the Safety of Combined Surgery.
- Dr. Chacon’s Experience and Philosophy
- Dr. Chacon’s Professional Resume