What is nipple repair & areola surgery?
People who experience inverted, enlarged or extended nipples and puffy, enlarged or discolored areolas, may find that a nipple repair is the best solution for a more satisfactory appearance. Many of these conditions can impact breast function in addition to the way an individual feels about their body. A nipple repair can help return regular breast function and restore self-confidence.
How is a nipple repair performed?
A small incision is made at the base of the nipple within the colored areola, so the scar is hidden. Then the shortened ducts are either released or selectively divided depending upon the severity of the inversion. Small sutures are placed under the nipple to hold the nipple out in a projected position. Finally, a small splint is placed on the nipple while healing occurs.
Nipple Repair Surgery and Recovery
Local anesthetic achieves complete pain control so that you may comfortably undergo this procedure in the office or the operating room setting. You should be able to return to work and most activities within several hours. A mild amount of discomfort is normal, and is easily manageable. You may shower after 24 hours and the splint is removed after 2 to 4 days.
Prior to your procedure, Dr. Chacon will answer all of your questions and make sure you understand your procedure and recovery thoroughly. Safety, privacy, comfort, and excellence in treatment is our top priority to you as our patient.
Request a consultation with Dr. Chacon at Divino Plastic Surgery today or call us at 858-633-7546. If you have any questions about financing your Nipple & Areola Surgery procedure, please visit our financing page.
- Dr. Chacon specializes in cosmetic procedures of the face, nose, breast, and body.
- Dr. Chacon completed thousands of procedures in advanced fellowship training specializing in cosmetic surgery endorsed by the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery.
- Dr. Chacon served as an Aesthetic Surgery Clinical Instructor for the University of Southern California Division of Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery in Los Angeles, CA.
- Dr. Chacon has a keen eye for aesthetic artistry; his peers and patients recognize Dr. Chacon as the plastic surgeon that delivers desired results.
- Dr. Chacon has contributed to multiple, large clinical studies on a number of procedures and safety, presenting in statewide and national meetings.
- Dr. Chacon is a Continuing Medical Education Course Instructor in advanced surgical techniques.
- Dr. Chacon has coauthored and presented clinical studies on the Safety of Combined Surgery.
- Dr. Chacon’s Experience and Philosophy
- Dr. Chacon’s Professional Resume