What is eyelid surgery?
Eyelid surgery, known as blepharoplasty, is a procedure used to correct loose skin, pouching, and sagging around the eye, in addition to removing fatty deposits which cause puffy bags around the eyes.
Why consider eyelid surgery?
A blepharoplasty can be appropriate for patients of different ages, and can be performed on your upper, lower, or both eye lids. For people who wake up in the morning with tired looking eyes, dark circles, puffiness or bags under their eyes, an eyelid surgery will create a more youthful and alert look; to a person who, with age and time, desires the removal of excess skin, which may be affecting self-image, and even vision.
What results should I expect from eyelid surgery?
While candidates for blepharoplasty are generally around the age of 40, or older, some younger people seek eyelid surgery to correct inherited droopy eyes. Eyelid surgery can be very effective and provide more youthful, alert and refreshed appearance. In addition to the aforementioned benefits, for patients of Asian descent, an eyelid procedure can also be used to add a crease to the upper eyelid. The best way to find out what blepharoplasty can do for you is to request a consultation with Dr. Chacon today.
What about recovery?
Eyelid surgery is often performed at the same time as other procedures that we offer at Divino Plastic Surgery, such as a brow lift, rhinoplasty or a facelift procedure. Eyelid surgery can also be performed in the office setting and the recovery time is about 7-10 days. The scars usually fade quickly and can be easily covered with makeup shortly after surgery.
Making an appointment with Dr. Chacon at Divino Plastic Surgery is the first step toward rediscovering a brighter, younger looking you. Call 858.633.7546 to learn more.
- Dr. Chacon specializes in cosmetic procedures of the face, nose, breast, and body.
- Dr. Chacon completed thousands of procedures in advanced fellowship training specializing in cosmetic surgery endorsed by the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery.
- Dr. Chacon served as an Aesthetic Surgery Clinical Instructor for the University of Southern California Division of Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery in Los Angeles, CA.
- Dr. Chacon has a keen eye for aesthetic artistry; his peers and patients recognize Dr. Chacon as the plastic surgeon that delivers desired results.
- Dr. Chacon has contributed to multiple, large clinical studies on a number of procedures and safety, presenting in statewide and national meetings.
- Dr. Chacon is a Continuing Medical Education Course Instructor in advanced surgical techniques.
- Dr. Chacon has coauthored and presented clinical studies on the Safety of Combined Surgery.
- Dr. Chacon’s Experience and Philosophy
- Dr. Chacon’s Professional Resume