What are acne scars?
In most cases, acne will leave some scarring, or otherwise a dormant open comedone, to the skin after it has healed. These are called acne scars. Initially these scars appear red and eventually become darker in color. In other instances, acne can leave recesses or divots in your skin.
Can acne scars be treated?
Scarring may occur from cases of destructive acne. This scarring could last for a lifetime. However, different treatments may lessen the severity of the appearance of acne scars. Such treatments include dermabrasion, chemical peels, and the use of laser technology. There are also products that you can obtain over the counter that can drastically improve the appearance of acne scars, yet the results may be minimal and appear gradually.
What can you expect from the treatment of acne scars?
You may take advantage of different cosmetic treatments to improve the appearance of your acne scars. Our medical aesthetician will help you choose the right treatment for your specific skin condition. Treatments such as chemical peels and dermabrasion can be done at Spa Divino and completed in a few minutes to an hour. These treatments involve the controlled use of chemicals to “peel” away the dead skin on the surface of your skin, allowing new ones to replace it. This helps acne scars dramatically fade as well.
What about recovery?
These treatments usually require minimal to no downtime, which means that you will be able to resume your normal daily activities shortly after the procedure. Post-procedure instructions will be given to you by your medical aesthetician to aid in your recovery.
Click here to request a consultation with Dr. Chacon at Divino Plastic Surgery today or call us at 858-633-7546.
- Dr. Chacon specializes in cosmetic procedures of the face, nose, breast, and body.
- Dr. Chacon completed thousands of procedures in advanced fellowship training specializing in cosmetic surgery endorsed by the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery.
- Dr. Chacon served as an Aesthetic Surgery Clinical Instructor for the University of Southern California Division of Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery in Los Angeles, CA.
- Dr. Chacon has a keen eye for aesthetic artistry; his peers and patients recognize Dr. Chacon as the plastic surgeon that delivers desired results.
- Dr. Chacon has contributed to multiple, large clinical studies on a number of procedures and safety, presenting in statewide and national meetings.
- Dr. Chacon is a Continuing Medical Education Course Instructor in advanced surgical techniques.
- Dr. Chacon has coauthored and presented clinical studies on the Safety of Combined Surgery.
- Dr. Chacon’s Experience and Philosophy
- Dr. Chacon’s Professional Resume