What is skin tightening?
Skin tightening is a form of facial rejuvenation treatment that uses laser light to produce dramatic results. The procedure is effective in reducing the appearance of loose skin and wrinkles in the face, giving the individual smooth, flawless, and younger-looking skin. Gravity and aging can take its toll on the skin, making a person appear tired and older. Skin tightening is a safe alternative to invasive procedures such as a facelift.
Why consider skin tightening?
You may consider skin tightening if you are in good health and are bothered about loose skin, wrinkles, and fine lines all over your body. To achieve better results, Dr. Chacon may advise combining the procedure to other skin tightening surgeries, like a facelift, to effectively remove excess skin especially from patients with extreme skin laxity.
What can you expect from skin tightening?
During a skin tightening procedure, a laser practitioner will manipulate the machine that will be used in the process. A small hand piece will be hovered over your skin as it produces quick pulses of laser light. You can expect a warming sensation in the areas of treatment. Most of our patients often describe the discomfort as rubber bands snapping on the skin. However, this discomfort usually fades within minutes after treatment.
What about recovery?
You can expect mild swelling and redness in the treated areas for a couple of days after the procedure. You will be able to return to your normal daily activities immediately after treatment. Furthermore, follow-up sessions may be needed. Dr. Chacon recommends up to six treatments or more depending on the patient’s desired results.
Click here to request a consultation with Dr. Chacon at Divino Plastic Surgery today or call us at 858-633-7546.
- Dr. Chacon specializes in cosmetic procedures of the face, nose, breast, and body.
- Dr. Chacon completed thousands of procedures in advanced fellowship training specializing in cosmetic surgery endorsed by the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery.
- Dr. Chacon served as an Aesthetic Surgery Clinical Instructor for the University of Southern California Division of Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery in Los Angeles, CA.
- Dr. Chacon has a keen eye for aesthetic artistry; his peers and patients recognize Dr. Chacon as the plastic surgeon that delivers desired results.
- Dr. Chacon has contributed to multiple, large clinical studies on a number of procedures and safety, presenting in statewide and national meetings.
- Dr. Chacon is a Continuing Medical Education Course Instructor in advanced surgical techniques.
- Dr. Chacon has coauthored and presented clinical studies on the Safety of Combined Surgery.
- Dr. Chacon’s Experience and Philosophy
- Dr. Chacon’s Professional Resume