What are vascular lesions?
Vascular lesions are characterized by numerous or abnormally large blood vessels. The most common vascular lesions are spider veins or telangiectasia. They measure about a few millimeters and can appear in any part of the body, usually on the face, the chin, cheeks, and the nose.
Why consider vascular lesion treatment?
Vascular lesions can be treated with IPL, a procedure that uses pulsed light to treat and improve the appearance of visible blood vessels. You may consider IPL treatment if you are displeased with the appearance of vascular lesions in any part of your body.
What should you expect from a vascular lesion treatment?
The pulsed light delivered during treatment will be absorbed by the spider vein or the small blood vessels. This light will be converted into heat to coagulate the vessel. Initially after treatment, the vessels will darken and will be removed by the body over time.
Within a few days after initial treatment, the visible vessels may disappear, but the length of time varies and depends on the area being treated. The deeper and thicker the spider veins, the longer it will take them to disappear completely.
What about recovery?
The treated area may manifest bruising, which fades in about 7 to 10 days. If the treated area is around the lip, ear, or the eyelid, some swelling may be noticed on the first day after treatment. Dr. Chacon will give you post-treatment instructions to alleviate these side effects.
Click here to request a consultation with Dr. Chacon at Divino Plastic Surgery today or call us at 858-633-7546.
- Dr. Chacon specializes in cosmetic procedures of the face, nose, breast, and body.
- Dr. Chacon completed thousands of procedures in advanced fellowship training specializing in cosmetic surgery endorsed by the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery.
- Dr. Chacon served as an Aesthetic Surgery Clinical Instructor for the University of Southern California Division of Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery in Los Angeles, CA.
- Dr. Chacon has a keen eye for aesthetic artistry; his peers and patients recognize Dr. Chacon as the plastic surgeon that delivers desired results.
- Dr. Chacon has contributed to multiple, large clinical studies on a number of procedures and safety, presenting in statewide and national meetings.
- Dr. Chacon is a Continuing Medical Education Course Instructor in advanced surgical techniques.
- Dr. Chacon has coauthored and presented clinical studies on the Safety of Combined Surgery.
- Dr. Chacon’s Experience and Philosophy
- Dr. Chacon’s Professional Resume