Although childbirth and motherhood could provide you with the most fulfilling feeling you’ll have in your lifetime, your appearance and physique may be negatively affected. Breastfeeding could give way to sagging breasts while your abdominal muscles may be stretched to the point of undesirable laxity. Here at our San Diego Mommy Makeover practice, we will help you decide whether you need to have a Mommy Makeover and which options suit you best.
1. First of all, you need to decide which part of your body needs improvement. Would it be your breasts? Or your tummy? Maybe both? Having a clear understanding of your needs and preferences will help you and your surgeon figure out which treatments will work with you.
2. Gather and research information on the procedures you’re interested to have. The more knowledge you have of these procedures, the easier it would be to make a choice later on. You can also ask relatives and friends if they have tried such procedures or if they know someone with firsthand experience.
3. Research and narrow down your list of highly experienced and reliable plastic surgeons. Unfortunately, there are a lot of doctors nowadays who claim that they can perform plastic surgery but the truth is, they’re not even educated and experienced to handle such procedures. Take the time to choose a Mommy Makeover surgeon with significant training and experience.
4. Check your expectations. By and large, plastic surgery won’t make you look like a supermodel nor help solve marital problems. A Mommy Makeover will significantly improve your appearance and help increase your self-confidence in the process. It is very important for you to understand the limitations of your chosen procedure and have realistic expectations.
5. Talk to your family about it. This step may be quite difficult for most moms but making the decision to have a Mommy Makeover should involve telling your partner and kids about it, explaining why you need to have such surgery. While talking to your children, it is also important to keep the discussion age-appropriate.
6. Schedule an initial consultation with us! Once you have chosen Dr. Chacón as your Mommy Makeover surgeon of choice, we’d love to listen to your concerns and thoughts on the procedures of your interest. We also encourage you to ask questions during your visit.
Click here to request a consultation with Dr. Chacón at Divino Plastic Surgery today or call us at 858-633-7546. We look forward to hearing from you soon and helping you restore the beauty and confidence you had before pregnancy!