What is a Mini Tummy Tuck?
A Mini Tummy Tuck is a body contouring procedure that flattens and smooths a portion of the abdomen below the belly button. The procedure, also known as a mini abdominoplasty, can be used to tighten the stomach muscles of patients that have been unable to tighten excess laxity in the abdomen through regular diet and exercise.
Difference Between a Full and Mini Tummy Tuck
A full tummy tuck and a mini tummy tuck differ in the area treated and the size of the incision. A mini tummy tuck has a smaller incision and is only performed to tighten the lower abdominal wall and skin. A full abdominoplasty has a longer incision and is used to tighten the entire abdominal wall, both above and below the belly button. A benefit of the mini tummy tuck is that scarring will be less noticeable and the belly button does not have to be moved as it would in a full tummy tuck.
Candidates for Mini Tummy Tuck
The Mini Abdominoplasty procedure is best suited for patients with a pouch instead of saggy skin below their belly button. It is also suitable for patients with stretch marks resulting from a C-Section and it is a less intensive procedure then a regular tummy tuck.
Recovery From Mini Abdominoplasty
The recovery time for a Mini Tummy Tuck is less than it is for a full abdominoplasty because it is less invasive. There is still some down time for recovery. Dr. Chacón will discuss your specific lifting limitations with you prior to your procedure. The incision lengths vary from six inches for a mini to the full circumference of the abdomen for a full Tummy Tuck. To help minimize the appearance of scars the incision is made in the bikini or boxer region. This minimizes scaring and allows the patient to cover the area with clothing during recovery.
Why Should I Choose Dr. Chacon for My Procedure?
Dr. Carlos Chacón is a trusted San Diego cosmetic surgeon that specializes in body contouring procedures. Dr. Chacón and his talented staff at Divino Plastic Surgery understand the intricacies of the mini tummy tuck procedure and can provide you with an ideal shape and contour. To schedule a consultation with Dr. Chacón, contact Divino Plastic Surgery in Chula Vista today!
“I had a Tummy Tuck done about a year ago and the results are still amazing! My scar is [super] small to the point where you can’t even see it when I wear my thong bikinis. Dr. Chacón and his staff make a great team, they were super professional and made me feel very comfortable the entire time. I would definitely recommend their services to anyone!” – Real Divino Tummy Tuck Patient
The DIVINO Difference
- Dr. Chacón specializes in cosmetic procedures of the face, nose, breast and body.
- Dr. Chacón completed thousands of procedures in advanced fellowship training in cosmetic surgery endorsed by the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery.
- Dr. Chacón served as an Aesthetic Surgery Clinical Instructor for the University of Southern California Division of Plastic Surgery in Los Angeles.
- Dr. Chacón has a keen eye for aesthetic artistry; his peers and patients recognize Dr. Chacón as the plastic surgeon that delivers desired results.
- Dr. Chacón has contributed to multiple, large clinical studies on a number of procedures and safety presenting in statewide and national meetings.
- Dr. Chacón is a Continuing Medical Education course instructor in advanced surgical techniques
- Dr. Chacón has coauthored and presented clinical studies on safety of combined surgery
- Dr. Chacón’s Experience and Philosophy
- Dr. Chacón’s Professional Resume