What is a Mommy Makeover?
A Mommy Makeover is a combination of breast enhancement and body contouring procedures used to help restore the youthful figure of post-pregnancy patients. While some women also opt for facial rejuvenation procedures, a majority of Mommy Makeovers are focused primarily on improving the silhouette.
What Procedures are Involved?
- Breast Augmentation:Helps improve the size, shape, and position of the breasts for a feminine and more proportionate appearance.
- Breast Lift: Rejuvenates and lifts sagging breasts due to time, gravity, or following pregnancy and breast feeding.
- Tummy Tuck: Tightens the skin and muscles of the abdomen while removing excess fat.
- Mini Tummy Tuck: Tightens loose skin and excess fat below the belly button with a procedure that’s less invasive than a full tummy tuck.
- Liposuction: Removes fat deposits in different areas of the body such as the abdomen, hips, and thighs.
Types of Liposuction
- Power-assisted liposuction (PAL): Relies on a vibrating cannula tip that gently shakes fat loose and suctions it away in one step.
- Smartlipo™: Uses laser energy to break up fat cells, making them easier to remove.
- VASER®LipoSelection®: Loosens fat using ultrasonic energy as part of the liposuction procedure.
Why Consider a Mommy Makeover in San Diego?
With pregnancy and breastfeeding, many women experience unwelcome changes to their bodies, such as lost breast volume, stubborn fat deposits, sagging skin, and stretched abdominal muscles. While specific areas of the body can be treated one at a time, such as with a tummy tuck there is a way to achieve more comprehensive body rejuvenation.
What Should I Expect from My Mommy Makeover Procedure?
Some women find that diet and exercise aren’t enough to return their bodies to its pre-baby shape. Procedures like liposuction, abdominoplasty, breast augmentation and others are helpful for our mothers who want to regain their figures and restore their bodies to what they once were – if not better.
How Much Does Mommy Makeover Cost?
The cost of a Mommy Makeover procedure in San Diego will vary from patient to patient, but generally falls between $8,000 and $20,000. The price will depend on a number of factors including the procedures involved, surgeon’s fee, anesthesia fees, hospital fess, and post-op care. During your consultation, Dr. Chacón will provide you with a personal price estimate. If you have any questions about financing your Mommy Makeover procedure, please visit our financing page.
Mommy Makeover FAQs
How soon after having a baby can I have mommy makeover?
Although mommy makeover is a great way to improve your post-pregnancy body, you should wait some time after giving birth to have plastic surgery. Not only does your body need some time to recover from pregnancy, but you may need time to lose some pregnancy weight with diet and exercise.
Furthermore, if you are including a breast procedure as part of your mommy makeover, you should wait until after you have finished nursing. While lactating, your breasts will appear a different size and shape. You will have a better sense of how your breasts look once you have stopped breastfeeding, at which point you can more accurately assess whether a breast lift or breast augmentation, or both are necessary.
Are all mommy makeover procedures performed at the same time?
It is up to you whether you would like to have all procedures performed on the same day or spread out the procedures over the course of some time. Most women choose to do it all at once so that they can overlap their recovery periods and take less time off from a busy schedule, but ultimately your personal level of comfort matters most.
Can I add other procedures to a mommy makeover?
Most mommy makeovers focus on body and breast procedures, but the real goal is to help you to feel happy and confident. If you would like to include a face procedure or a Brazilian butt lift as part of your plan, the team at Divino Plastic Surgery can accommodate this if you are a good candidate for those procedures.
Can mommy makeover help me lose weight?
The cosmetic procedures included in mommy makeover are not for significant weight-loss. Even liposuction is intended to remove stubborn pockets of fat rather than eliminating a significant amount of weight. To achieve your ideal figure, you should implement good diet and exercise routine. Body contouring procedures like tummy tuck and liposuction can remove deposits of fat. The closer you maintain a goal weight prior to having a mommy makeover, the more satisfying your results will be.
Why does my body look so different after pregnancy?
Your body goes through a series of changes while pregnant. As your stomach expands to accommodate your growing baby, so does your abdominal skin. Depending on the elasticity of your skin, this skin may retract some once your belly shrinks, or it may hang significantly from your midsection. Your abdominal muscles also shift and separate to make room for your baby, which impacts the firmness of your midsection. Moreover, you may find that weight you would have had no trouble losing before now clings stubbornly to your body even with your best diet and exercise efforts.
During pregnancy, your breasts enlarge as they develop milk glands to help with nursing. Once you are through breastfeeding, however, this tissue shrinks and your breasts may become even smaller than their starting size. Similar to what happens on your belly, the skin that stretched to accommodate larger breasts may not bounce back and this loose skin can lead to significant breast sagging.
Learn More About Mommy Makeover in San Diego
If you would like to explore your Mommy Makeover options and find the solution that is perfect for you, schedule a consultation with Chula Vista cosmetic surgeon Dr. Carlos Chacón. Dr. Chacón is an experienced surgeon that specializes in body contouring procedures. San Diego patients praise Dr. Chacón for the exceptional Mommy Makeover results that he can provide.
“Dr. Chacon is an outstanding plastic surgeon. I had a Tummy Tuck with Liposuction and BIR. He is a true professional with a wonderful bedside manner. He answered all of my questions and was very attentive to my needs. I am overjoyed with my results!” – Real Divino Mommy Makeover Patient
The DIVINO Difference
- Dr. Chacon specializes in cosmetic procedures of the face, nose, breast, and body.
- Dr. Chacon completed thousands of procedures in advanced fellowship training specializing in cosmetic surgery endorsed by the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery.
- Dr. Chacon served as an Aesthetic Surgery Clinical Instructor for the University of Southern California Division of Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery in Los Angeles, CA.
- Dr. Chacon has a keen eye for aesthetic artistry; his peers and patients recognize Dr. Chacon as the plastic surgeon that delivers desired results.
- Dr. Chacon has contributed to multiple, large clinical studies on a number of procedures and safety, presenting in statewide and national meetings.
- Dr. Chacon is a Continuing Medical Education Course Instructor in advanced surgical techniques.
- Dr. Chacon has coauthored and presented clinical studies on the Safety of Combined Surgery.
- Dr. Chacon’s Experience and Philosophy
- Dr. Chacon’s Professional Resume