Losing a breast is a difficult experience, but it does not have to be permanent. Reconstruction of a breast that has been removed due to cancer or other disease is one of the most rewarding surgical procedures available today and may provide a way to restore your look, your sense of self, and help you regain confidence in your body.
Breast Reconstruction Benefits
- Maintain a natural appearing breast despite mastectomy via immediate breast reconstruction
- Restore a natural look and feel to breasts removed due to cancer (or disease in general) or damaged by radiation or injury.
- Reshape breasts that have an abnormal or unflattering shape due to genetics
- Enhance confidence in your appearance, your body, and your self esteem
Breast Reconstruction Initial Consultation
During your consultation for breast reconstruction, Dr. Chacon will provide a personalized understanding of your unique situation, medical treatment needs, and personal desires. A natural look and feel is absolutely essential for good results, and as such, Dr. Chacon designs each procedure to ensure that your new shape will not only look and feel very natural, but also meet the goals that are most important to you personally.
Breast reconstruction can be immediate (if performed at the same time as the mastectomy), or can be delayed if performed weeks, months, or years following mastectomy or revision. Breast reconstruction may also correct or improve another surgeon’s result, which developed problems or did not meet expectations. Dr. Chacon carefully analyzes every individual patient’s unique history, including her type of cancer, “pre-cancer,” or other disease, as well as current breast size and shape, lifestyle, and desires before making a recommending a specific type and technique of breast reconstruction.
Breast Reconstruction Surgery and Results
Before your breast reconstruction procedure, Dr. Chacon will meet with for an initial and follow-up consultation to review your goals and make any necessary adjustments to your procedure plan. Breast reconstruction is performed with the help of a highly trained surgical team to ensure a safe, accurate procedure and appropriate pre- and postsurgical care.
Surgery typically takes two to three hours, though some approaches often require more time. Scarring is typically very minimal, and patients may get back to work and light exercise within two to four weeks of surgery.
Schedule a Consultation
Request a consultation for breast reconstruction in San Diego with Dr. Chacon at Divino Plastic Surgery today or call us at 858-633-7546. If you have any questions about financing your Breast Reconstruction procedure, please visit our financing page.
The DIVINO Difference
- Dr. Chacon specializes in cosmetic procedures of the face, nose, breast, and body.
- Dr. Chacon completed thousands of procedures in advanced fellowship training specializing in cosmetic surgery endorsed by the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery.
- Dr. Chacon served as an Aesthetic Surgery Clinical Instructor for the University of Southern California Division of Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery in Los Angeles, CA.
- Dr. Chacon has a keen eye for aesthetic artistry; his peers and patients recognize Dr. Chacon as the plastic surgeon that delivers desired results.
- Dr. Chacon has contributed to multiple, large clinical studies on a number of procedures and safety, presenting in statewide and national meetings.
- Dr. Chacon is a Continuing Medical Education Course Instructor in advanced surgical techniques.
- Dr. Chacon has coauthored and presented clinical studies on the Safety of Combined Surgery.
- Dr. Chacon’s Experience and Philosophy
- Dr. Chacon’s Professional Resume