When to Choose Juvederm as Your Dermal Filler of Choice
Posted on July 11, 2014 by Dr. Carlos Chacon - Dermal Fillers, Face Procedures, Juvederm
Having an injectable is one of the most popular go-to facial rejuvenation treatments here at our San Diego cosmetic surgery practice. While Botox is no doubt the most popular of the injectables, we have also noticed an increasing demand for dermal fillers, one of which is Juvederm. One of the most common concerns of men and women alike who want to have fillers for their cosmetic issues is that they often have a hard time choosing which specific type of filler suits them best.
Say Hello to Hyaluronic Acid!
By and large, Juvederm is an injectable made of hyaluronic acid, a naturally occurring substance in the body which is primarily responsible for your skin’s smooth and supple appearance. As one ages, in addition to external factors such as sun exposure, the body’s hyaluronic acid supply dwindles.
Juvederm was initially approved by the FDA in 2006 for treatment of facial folds and wrinkles, primarily the nasolabial folds (lines that run from your nose down to the corners of your mouth). In comparison to other dermal fillers, Juvederm has the following distinctions:
- Juvederm has the least granular characteristic of all dermal fillers. Its pliant gel consistency allows for smooth and natural-looking results.
- The results of one Juvederm injection can also last for year! Follow-up injections may even prolong the results.
- Some dermal fillers are not ideal for dark-skinned individuals. However, since Juvederm is injected into into the dermis (not the superficial epidermis), it does not interfere with skin pigmentation.
- You do not have to undergo allergy testing before treatment as Juvederm is made of a naturally occurring substance.
- A Juvederm injection will only last you 15 to 20 minutes and many of our patients get to return to their usual routine within the day.
Specifically, Juvederm is ideal for the following cosmetic concerns and problem areas:
- deeper facial folds such as nasolabial folds, marionette lines, and the lines between your nose and cheeks ( Juvederm Ultra and Juvederm Ultra Plus can specifically help with this)
- sunken or flattened cheeks-(Juvederm Voluma which was recently approved in the USA last 2013 is ideal for this concern)
- enhancing lip volume
Finding a Skilled Juvederm Injector
The best results from Juvederm can be achieved with the right combination of careful assessment of your problem areas and a skilled injector like our staff here at our practice. Get in touch with us by calling 858-633-7546 or fill out this contact form to schedule a consultation. We look forward to your visit!