Facial implants are used to improve and enhance facial contours, and have become increasingly popular for many looking to maintain an attractive, youthful appearance. Facial implants are used, for example, to reshape a “weak chin” or to “strengthen” cheekbones improving facial symmetry and harmony. Many different materials are available for implantation, and Dr. Chacon can determine which is best for your situation.
What is a Chin Augmentation Procedure?
A chin augmentation procedure is designed to strengthen the appearance of a “weak” or recessed chin to improve the symmetry of the face. A small incision is typically made inside the mouth or in the skin just behind the chin to avoid any visible scarring on the face. An implant is then inserted through the incision. There are many different shapes and sizes of chin implants. After discussing and understanding your desired result, Dr. Chacon will select the best implant for you.
If you feel that your chin could be more defined, please contact the office of Dr. Chacon to set up a personal and private consultation. Dr. Chacon will help you determine the best course of action for your particular needs and goals.
What Should I Expect from Chin Augmentation Procedure?
The purpose of a chin augmentation is to bring the chin into balance with other facial features, while avoiding a visible incision scar. At Divino Plastic Surgery, we offer you a very personal approach, where Dr. Chacon will discuss your options and answer all of your questions, and our staff will help you to feel comfortable throughout your experience.
How Long to Recover?
While some bruising and swelling are perfectly normally in the few days following your procedure, ice and proper medications will help any bruising and/ or swelling resolve. Normal activities can generally be resumed within a week following procedure.
What is a Cheek Augmentation Procedure?
A cheek augmentation involves insertion of an implant through an incision made either inside the upper lip or the lower eyelid to help avoid visible scarring on the face. If this procedure is performed in combination with other facial procedures, a cheek implant may be inserted through any of the other incisions, thereby minimizing scarring.
Why Consider a Cheek Augmentation Procedure?
A cheek augmentation is one of the best options to improve and enhance facial contours by adding dimension to cheekbones that appear flat relative to the rest of the face. Many different materials are available for implantation, and after discussing and understanding your desired result, Dr. Chacon can determine which is best for you.
What should I expect from the Divino Plastic Surgery cheek augmentation procedure?
A cheek augmentation surgery provides a stronger profile and more pronounced cheeks. If you are unhappy with your facial structure, whether you feel you lack today’s coveted cheekbones or a strong enough chin, facial implants can be a relatively simple way to get the look you’ve always wanted.
What About Recovery?
Some residual and noticeable swelling and bruising for a few days following the surgery is normal, and regular activities can usually be resumed 2-3 days following your procedure. Making an appointment with Dr. Chacon at Divino Plastic Surgery can help you decide if facial implants may be right for you.
The DIVINO Difference
- Dr. Chacon specializes in cosmetic procedures of the face, nose, breast, and body.
- Dr. Chacon completed thousands of procedures in advanced fellowship training specializing in cosmetic surgery endorsed by the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery.
- Dr. Chacon served as an Aesthetic Surgery Clinical Instructor for the University of Southern California Division of Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery in Los Angeles, CA.
- Dr. Chacon has a keen eye for aesthetic artistry; his peers and patients recognize Dr. Chacon as the plastic surgeon that delivers desired results.
- Dr. Chacon has contributed to multiple, large clinical studies on a number of procedures and safety, presenting in statewide and national meetings.
- Dr. Chacon is a Continuing Medical Education Course Instructor in advanced surgical techniques.
- Dr. Chacon has coauthored and presented clinical studies on the Safety of Combined Surgery.
- Dr. Chacon’s Experience and Philosophy
- Dr. Chacon’s Professional Resume