What is an Ear Surgery Procedure?
An otoplasty, or ear surgery, is used to reshape and re-sculpt the ear(s), depending on the condition, position and protrusion of the ears, and the patient’s desired outcome. During an otoplasty, Dr. Chacon will reposition the ear(s) through a small incision behind the ear to improve the size, shape, and/ or angle of the ear. This procedure can improve many common ear issues by re-sculpting or removing pieces of cartilage from the ear, or by using stitches to bend and shape the ear cartilage into a more flattering position.
Why Consider Ear Surgery?
Protruding ears can cause a great deal of emotional anguish for children and adults alike. For a child, the frequent teasing, they may endure, can have long-lasting effects on self-confidence. Fortunately, ear surgery or otoplasty, can most often be performed as soon as the ears have stopped growing, usually around age four. If an adult did not have their ears corrected as a child, they can seek otoplasty at any time with no additional risk.
Earlobe surgery is another ear procedure appropriate for those with excessively large earlobes or earlobes that have been damaged by earrings. These procedures are common and can provide you with the look you desire.
What Should I Expect from Ear Surgery Procedure?
Ear surgery is a very effective way to correct excessively protruding ears and many ear defects or injuries. An otoplasty procedure can have a profound impact on the self-image and confidence of a child or adult.
What About Recovery?
No matter what technique you and Dr. Chacon decide is best for you, the results will be immediate and you can most likely return to your normal activities that same day.
The DIVINO Difference
- Dr. Chacon specializes in cosmetic procedures of the face, nose, breast, and body.
- Dr. Chacon completed thousands of procedures in advanced fellowship training specializing in cosmetic surgery endorsed by the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery.
- Dr. Chacon served as an Aesthetic Surgery Clinical Instructor for the University of Southern California Division of Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery in Los Angeles, CA.
- Dr. Chacon has a keen eye for aesthetic artistry; his peers and patients recognize Dr. Chacon as the plastic surgeon that delivers desired results.
- Dr. Chacon has contributed to multiple, large clinical studies on a number of procedures and safety, presenting in statewide and national meetings.
- Dr. Chacon is a Continuing Medical Education Course Instructor in advanced surgical techniques.
- Dr. Chacon has coauthored and presented clinical studies on the Safety of Combined Surgery.
- Dr. Chacon’s Experience and Philosophy
- Dr. Chacon’s Professional Resume