Also Serving Bonita and Chula Vista
What is a lip augmentation procedure?
A lip augmentation procedure is used to give you fuller, more ‘pouty’ lips. As you discuss your needs with Dr. Chacon or a member of the Divino staff, you’ll find the choices for augmenting the lips range from injectable tissue fillers, such as Restylane®, Juvéderm® Injectable Gel, or collagen, to various implants. Additionally, fatty tissue can also be transferred from another part of your body to restore volume to the lips (fat grafting). Depending on the technique, and type of injectable used, the results may be permanent or last several months.
Why consider a lip augmentation?
There are many reasons people seek lip augmentation. Some are born with extremely thin lips; others have a noticeable asymmetrical condition. No matter what’s motivating you to think about lip augmentation and what your desired outcome may be, there are a variety of treatments you can consider.
What should I expect from the lip augmentation procedure?
Just like other facial features, our lips suffer the effects of the aging process. They appear thinner over time as they lose volume, and they can develop little lines and wrinkles of their own. Full, sensuous lips are highly sought-after, and not just by young people desiring the popular plump, pouty look. As our faces are impacted by age, environment, and our own genes, we begin to focus on rejuvenating our faces through facial sculpting, dermabrasion, laser skin resurfacing or other treatments, and often find that we need to pay attention to our lips. A lip augmentation will typically last for several months, but will typically need to be touched up as your body absorbs the filler material.
A discussion with Dr. Chacon and his medical staff will help you decide which technique is best for you. Call 858-633-7546 or request your consultation online.
- Dr. Chacon specializes in cosmetic procedures of the face, nose, breast, and body.
- Dr. Chacon completed thousands of procedures in advanced fellowship training specializing in cosmetic surgery endorsed by the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery.
- Dr. Chacon served as an Aesthetic Surgery Clinical Instructor for the University of Southern California Division of Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery in Los Angeles, CA.
- Dr. Chacon has a keen eye for aesthetic artistry; his peers and patients recognize Dr. Chacon as the plastic surgeon that delivers desired results.
- Dr. Chacon has contributed to multiple, large clinical studies on a number of procedures and safety, presenting in statewide and national meetings.
- Dr. Chacon is a Continuing Medical Education Course Instructor in advanced surgical techniques.
- Dr. Chacon has coauthored and presented clinical studies on the Safety of Combined Surgery.
- Dr. Chacon’s Experience and Philosophy
- Dr. Chacon’s Professional Resume