Your nose is one of your most visible features, but you may not be entirely pleased with its size, shape, and appearance. If you find that your nose makes you feel less confident and attractive, rhinoplasty is your best solution for making cosmetic improvements. At Divino Plastic Surgery, we customize each procedure to the requests of that patient, making slight modifications to the cartilage, tissue, and bone for maximum effect.
Benefits of Rhinoplasty
Facial Harmony – A resized or recontoured nose can help to balance facial proportions for a more attractive, harmonious face that corresponds with the extension of the chin.
Flattening the Bridge – Noses with an undesired bump (dorsal hump) on the bridge can be flattened for a sleek, natural-looking slope.
Reprojecting the Nasal Tip – Most men have a nasal tip that points outward, and women typically have nasal tips that point slightly upward. Patients who have a downward pointing nose, or one that does not correspond with their gender identity can correct the nasal tip for new projection.
Better Symmetry – Nose reshaping can help straighten a crooked nose and improve nostril size/shape to correct common asymmetry issues.
Improved Breathing – By straightening a deviated septum, air can flow through the nose more easily. While most rhinoplasty procedures are cosmetic in nature, a functional rhinoplasty can address a deviated septum that prevents air from flowing through your nose correctly.
Rhinoplasty Procedure Details
Most patients only require local anesthesia to keep them comfortable during the procedure. Each nose reshaping surgery is customized to the needs and preferences of the patient. Your doctor will utilize one of two standard approaches: open rhinoplasty or closed rhinoplasty.
With closed rhinoplasty, the incisions are placed inside the nostrils. With open rhinoplasty, the incision is placed on the columella (the strip of cartilage between the nostrils). Open rhinoplasty offers the doctor more access to other areas of the nose. Usually, the best approach is dictated by what types of changes you are requesting.
Rhinoplasty Recovery and Results
Rhinoplasty is an outpatient procedure, which means you can return home to focus on rest and relaxation. Most patients feel well enough to resume normal activities like work or school after about one week. You may notice some moderate discomfort, but this can be managed with pain medication. Bruising or swelling will gradually subside.
Fortunately, most changes achieved with rhinoplasty are permanent. As long as you avoid an injury to your face, you should be able to enjoy the new shape and appearance of your nose for the rest of your life.
Given the multiple types of rhinoplasty and techniques used, rhinoplasty prices vary from one patient to the next. During your consultation, the team at Divino Plastic Surgery can provide a quote. We accept financing to help pay for this procedure.
Learn More About Cosmetic Improvements to the Nose
If genetics or an injury has left you with a nose you do not enjoy, you have options! To meet with our experts and discuss nose reshaping procedures, please schedule a consultation by calling (858) 633-7546 today.
The DIVINO Difference
- Dr. Chacon specializes in cosmetic procedures of the face, nose, breast, and body.
- Dr. Chacon completed thousands of procedures in advanced fellowship training specializing in cosmetic surgery endorsed by the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery.
- Dr. Chacon served as an Aesthetic Surgery Clinical Instructor for the University of Southern California Division of Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery in Los Angeles, CA.
- Dr. Chacon has a keen eye for aesthetic artistry; his peers and patients recognize Dr. Chacon as the plastic surgeon that delivers desired results.
- Dr. Chacon has contributed to multiple, large clinical studies on a number of procedures and safety, presenting in statewide and national meetings.
- Dr. Chacon is a Continuing Medical Education Course Instructor in advanced surgical techniques.
- Dr. Chacon has coauthored and presented clinical studies on the Safety of Combined Surgery.
- Dr. Chacon’s Experience and Philosophy
- Dr. Chacon’s Professional Resume