Although cosmetic procedures have traditionally been marketed to women, a growing number of men are seeking cosmetic procedures to boost their looks and confidence. With age, many men develop a gut, love handles or fatty tissue in their chest or breast region, and ultimately decide to be proactive about regaining a physique that makes them feel happy and manly.
Our team of experts has helped many men to reach their preferred body shape and size with customized procedures. Since men generally prefer a body that has more bulk and less curves than a female patient, it helps to have a doctor who has experience performing body sculpting procedures for men.
Benefits of Male Body Procedures
Some of the benefits that our male patients have noticed include:
- Attaining an attractive and classically masculine body shape
- Improving their self-esteem
- Eliminating stubborn fat and loose skin that has not responded to diet and exercise
- Looking younger, fit and more physically active
Male Body Procedure Options
Gynecomastia describes a condition where a man’s breast tissue enlarges. It is caused by a hormonal imbalance in men, which is most likely to occur during puberty and in older age when testosterone production declines. If you find that your body has been feminized by excess tissue, you can reattain a flatter chest with male breast reduction. Your doctor removes fat and glandular tissue from the chest to create a physique that better corresponds with other men’s upper body.
After trying diet and exercise to shed excess fat, you may discover that stubborn pockets of fat remain. Liposuction is a procedure that suctions out a small amount of fat cells (it is not a weight loss procedure) to create a more appealing physique. It is a safe procedure for most areas where fat accumulates including the abdomen, hips, thighs, back, chest, arms, chin, buttocks and ankles.
We use different forms of liposuction including power-assisted, Vaser, Smart Lipo and much more. Vaser uses ultrasound energy to break up fat. This is gentler than traditional liposuction, so it better protects the tissue surrounding the fat. Your surgeon can then mold the remaining fat to ensure your contours still have a masculine shape: toned but not overly thin. SmartLipo uses a laser to destroy fat cells, while simultaneously stimulating collagen production to help tighten the skin surrounding the treatment area.
Male abdominoplasty is ideal for men who have lost a significant amount of weight and find that their skin does not snuggly fit their new, trimmer contours. If you have sagging skin around your midsection that makes you look thicker than you are, you can remove the excess tissue for improved definition. Your doctor can also reconnect abdominal muscles that have separated to give your stomach a firmer shape and further reduce a beer belly.
Male Physique Implants
Synthetic implants can be inserted beneath your skin to enhance your musculature, including pecs, biceps, triceps, calves and abdominal muscles.
Losing a significant amount of weight is great for your confidence and health, but it can leave behind a lot of sagging skin if your body no longer produces enough collagen and elastin to keep your skin tight. The only way to restore appealing body contours that better reflect your new size is to remove this excess skin. Body lift is a combination of procedures that removes skin from areas like the arms, thighs and stomach.
Schedule a Consultation
To learn more about what Divino Plastic Surgery can do to improve your male physique, please call (858) 633-7546 to schedule a consultation.
The DIVINO Difference
- Dr. Chacon specializes in cosmetic procedures of the face, nose, breast, and body.
- Dr. Chacon completed thousands of procedures in advanced fellowship training specializing in cosmetic surgery endorsed by the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery.
- Dr. Chacon served as an Aesthetic Surgery Clinical Instructor for the University of Southern California Division of Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery in Los Angeles, CA.
- Dr. Chacon has a keen eye for aesthetic artistry; his peers and patients recognize Dr. Chacon as the plastic surgeon that delivers desired results.
- Dr. Chacon has contributed to multiple, large clinical studies on a number of procedures and safety, presenting in statewide and national meetings.
- Dr. Chacon is a Continuing Medical Education Course Instructor in advanced surgical techniques.
- Dr. Chacon has coauthored and presented clinical studies on the Safety of Combined Surgery.
- Dr. Chacon’s Experience and Philosophy
- Dr. Chacon’s Professional Resume