Summer Bodies Are Built In Winter!
Get your procedures in all at once, and save BIG! Up to 50%!
DR. CARLOS O. CHACON
Gynecomastia is a condition in which the male breast tissue overdevelops. Although this condition is common, affecting about half of men and boys at some point in their lives, most men prefer to have a flat, sculpted chest. Male breast reduction is the best solution for many men who wish to minimize their oversized male breasts and achieve more traditionally masculine contours.
If you are concerned with the size of your chest, visit Divino Plastic Surgery to learn more about male breast reduction.
Benefits of Male Breast Reduction
By having male breast reduction, you can:
- Create a more masculine shape for your upper body
- Improve your confidence and appearance
- Enhance your wardrobe with tighter or fitted shirts
- Make exercise easier without having excess breast tissue jiggle
Who Is a Candidate for Male Breast Reduction?
During a consultation, your doctor will review several factors to determine if you are a good candidate for this procedure. Since many times breast tissue can return to normal size when hormone levels stabilize, certain medications are discontinued, or diet and exercise are implemented, patients should wait several months to verify that the problem is persisting on its own.
Male Breast Reduction Procedure Options
Male breast reduction is typically performed with one of two techniques: liposuction or tissue excision.
Liposuction is the better option for patients who have unwanted fat deposits in their chest (pseudogynecomastia) and have good skin elasticity. VASER liposuction is less invasive than traditional liposuction because it uses ultrasound energy to more gently break up the fat cells so that they can be suctioned out permanently. SmartLipo is another less invasive liposuction option, which uses laser energy to destroy fat cells without harming the surrounding tissue. Divino Plastic Surgery offers both types of liposuction.
Excision involves removing the glandular tissue and any loose skin from the chest to create smoother, more masculine contours. If necessary, the nipple can be repositioned or resized so that it looks natural and proportional to the new chest shape.
In many cases, the doctor combines the two procedures to achieve optimal results for the patient. If you have both fat and loose skin, you may wish to make cosmetic improvements to both concerns simultaneously.
Male Breast Reduction Recovery
Male breast reduction is an outpatient procedure. You should focus on rest and relaxation for the first few days, gradually introducing light activity like walks to maintain circulation. Bruising and swelling is common following male breast reduction, but you can accelerate healing by wearing a compression garment. You should feel well enough to return to work after one or two weeks.
Male Breast Reduction Results
You may not see your complete results for a few months until after your swelling has fully subsided. These results are generally considered permanent, so long as you maintain a steady weight. However, certain medications and fluctuating hormone levels could cause breast tissue to enlarge once again.
Male Breast Reduction Costs
The price of male breast reduction depends on the technique or techniques necessary to trim down the chest and the amount of fat, skin, and glandular tissue that needs to be removed. During a consultation, Divino Plastic Surgery can provide a quote that reflects a customized surgical plan for your own gynecomastia.
The DIVINO Difference
- Dr. Chacon specializes in cosmetic procedures of the face, nose, breast, and body.
- Dr. Chacon completed thousands of procedures in advanced fellowship training specializing in cosmetic surgery endorsed by the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery.
- Dr. Chacon served as an Aesthetic Surgery Clinical Instructor for the University of Southern California Division of Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery in Los Angeles, CA.
- Dr. Chacon has a keen eye for aesthetic artistry; his peers and patients recognize Dr. Chacon as the plastic surgeon that delivers desired results.
- Dr. Chacon has contributed to multiple, large clinical studies on a number of procedures and safety, presenting in statewide and national meetings.
- Dr. Chacon is a Continuing Medical Education Course Instructor in advanced surgical techniques.
- Dr. Chacon has coauthored and presented clinical studies on the Safety of Combined Surgery.
- Dr. Chacon’s Experience and Philosophy
- Dr. Chacon’s Professional Resume