What are Stretch Marks?
Stretch marks, medically called striae graviae, are scars on the skin caused by over-stretching of the skin. Stretch marks are usually found in the dermis or the skin’s middle layer. The dermis is composed of collagen and elastin that are responsible for the skin’s ability to snap back into shape when stretched.
However, when the skin in this area is constantly stretched over a long period of time, the skin’s elasticity can decrease and break down. To address this, the skin increases the amount of collagen in that particular area. This results in the appearance of stretch marks, which are usually purple in color and eventually fade into white or gray scars.
Why Consider Treatment for Stretch Marks?
Although stretch marks do not pose any threat to the health of an individual, it can be a cause of embarrassment and low self-esteem, especially to women who have just undergone pregnancy. The good news is that stretch marks can be treated with the use of various treatment options available today, such as creams, lotions, laser therapy, and cosmetic surgery.
What Should I Expect From the Treatment for Stretch Marks?
Although there are scar removal creams and gels available in the market, they often provide minimal and slow results. For our patients that do not want to wait too long, laser therapy may be their best option. Although the procedure will not completely remove stretch marks, laser therapy can improve the appearance of stretch marks and make them less noticeable.
There are different types of laser treatment that you can benefit from, and Dr. Chacon will help you choose the type of laser that best suits you.
The DIVINO Difference
- Dr. Chacon specializes in cosmetic procedures of the face, nose, breast, and body.
- Dr. Chacon completed thousands of procedures in advanced fellowship training specializing in cosmetic surgery endorsed by the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery.
- Dr. Chacon served as an Aesthetic Surgery Clinical Instructor for the University of Southern California Division of Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery in Los Angeles, CA.
- Dr. Chacon has a keen eye for aesthetic artistry; his peers and patients recognize Dr. Chacon as the plastic surgeon that delivers desired results.
- Dr. Chacon has contributed to multiple, large clinical studies on a number of procedures and safety, presenting in statewide and national meetings.
- Dr. Chacon is a Continuing Medical Education Course Instructor in advanced surgical techniques.
- Dr. Chacon has coauthored and presented clinical studies on the Safety of Combined Surgery.
- Dr. Chacon’s Experience and Philosophy
- Dr. Chacon’s Professional Resume