Our Commitment to Patient Safety
Here at Divino Plastic Surgery, we take every foreseeable measure to provide a safe environment for surgical and aesthetic procedures. This includes ensuring that our staff is highly trained, our facilities are built and maintained to the highest medical accreditation standards and that our pre-operative, intra-operative and post-operative processes are geared to the individual needs of every patient.
Dr. Chacon’s extensive training, high ethical standards, mature surgical judgment, his many years of experience, and surgical accreditation standards help secure your safety and satisfaction. Dr. Chacon holds the highest degree of training, which includes completion of an American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) Endorsed Fellowship. Dr. Chacon has helped thousands of patients achieve their goals.
There are several stages to surgical planning. The initial consultation includes discussion of your needs, surgical procedures and general expectations. Once you have made a decision to proceed with the surgery, Dr. Chacon reviews your personal and family medical history, surgical history, allergies, current medications and any relevant health and lifestyle related factors. This information determines your general risk. He may recommend further tests or an appointment with your primary doctor, if he finds that your overall health need to be improved to undergo surgery safely.
He works with highly qualified and experienced anesthesiologists, certified nurse anesthetists (CRNA), and RN’s who are trained and licensed to administer sedation. Both Anesthesiologists, CRNA’s, and RN’s are accepted by many major hospitals and outpatient surgery centers, including UCSD, Kaiser Permanente, Scripps, and Sharp as providers who are qualified to provide surgical sedation. The form of anesthesia is chosen based on several elements including patient preference, general health, and Dr. Chacon’s recommendation. Some patients are apprehensive about general anesthesia and prefer sedation due to safety and decreased cost.
Together, all team members work to insure that your surgery goes smoothly. Although plastic surgery and anesthesia are generally safe, some factors are not predictable. As with any surgery, serious complications are possible. Dr. Chacon will go over some of the most common as well as rare complications related to your surgery. Your signature on the informed consent, services as an acknowledgement of your understanding of the procedure, its details, as well as risks and potential complications related to your surgery.
Here at Divino Plastic Surgery we choose to protect our patients by following the guidelines and standards associated with many private, state, and federal agencies. Some of the entities that help Dr. Chacon’s decision making include the following:
Top Tier Training at the Following Institutions:
University of Arizona (U of A)
University of California San Francisco (UCSF)
University of Southern California (USC)
ACGME (Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education): A private, non-profit council that evaluates and accredits medical residency programs in the United States. Dr. Chacon completed training at accredited programs in General Surgery and in Plastic Surgery.
American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) Endorsed Aesthetic Fellowship: The leading organization of plastic surgeons who specialize in cosmetic surgery of the face and entire body. Completion of this fellowship training means that a plastic surgeon has met the highest standards for education and experience in cosmetic plastic surgery. Dr. Chacon is not an active member of the ASAPS.
American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery: The leading organization of physicians who specialize in cosmetic surgery of the face and entire body. Membership in AACS means that the physician attends and continues his education on an ongoing basis to stay abreast of nuances in aesthetic surgery. Dr. Chacon is an active member of the AACS.
Medical Board of California: The mission of this state agency is to protect healthcare consumers through the proper licensing and regulation of physicians and surgeons and through the vigorous, objective enforcement of the Medical Practice Act. Dr. Chacon has had a California license to practice medicine in good standing since 2007.
Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Health Care (AAAHC): Dr. Chacon and our staff operates Divino Plastic Surgery, AAAHC Facility for outpatient surgery that abides by established standards of safety, administration, equipment and supplies, hygiene, organization, and professionalism. Surveys are conducted to maintain compliance, and continuous self-assessment, evaluation, and improvement. For more information, visit https://www.aaahc.org/
Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA): The mission of the DEA is to enforce the controlled substances laws and regulations of the United States. The DEA licenses physicians and surgeons to dispense legally produced controlled substances such as narcotic analgesics. Dr. Chacon maintains a DEA permit.
UPDATE ON COVID-19
Divino Plastic Surgery & Spa is dedicated to doing our best to provide a safe and healthy environment for our patients and staff. While efforts to contain COVID-19 continue to evolve, Divino has taken proactive and voluntary steps to prevent the spread of the disease in our office and community.
WHAT IS DIVINO DOING?
Cleaning, cleaning, and more cleaning
Disinfecting surfaces is one key way to minimize the spread of viruses, according to the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the World Health Organization (WHO). From clinics and surgery centers to our business offices and call center, here are some ways Divino is working to ensure a healthy experience using EPA and OSHA approved virus-killing products:
- Facilities – All of our facilities adhere to strict infection control policies in accordance with the CDC recommendations. Divino has increased its regular infection control cleaning program, including high traffic areas, door handles, phones and other frequently touched surfaces.
- Check-in – While touch screens are convenient, they require customers to touch the same surface that others have. That’s why we’re disinfecting any touch screen devices frequently and between patients.
- Treatment areas – In addition to the waiting room and check-in areas, Divino has increased the cleaning schedule of treatment areas, making supplies readily available to our teammates for spot or more frequent cleaning and more seat cleaning in the process.
Hand Sanitizer access to patients
Simple personal hand hygiene including frequent hand washing and not touching one’s eyes, nose or mouth is essential to minimizing the spread of the COVID-19 and other viruses. While we know many patients are following this guidance, here are some other ways Divino is assisting patients with ways to stay clean:
- Hand sanitizers – Divino has hand sanitizers at all check-in and check-out counters, as well as dispensers throughout the facility.
Arming employees with facts and supplies
Divino employees are the foundation of our success – their health, safety and knowledge are paramount. Here are some ways we’re supporting employees so they can better support our patients:
- Supplies – Providing hand sanitizer, gloves and other protective equipment, particularly for those who engage directly with patients, and masks for use by employees who are in close contact with ill patients.
- Information – Divino is continuously communicating with employees about evolving CDC, the Association for Professionals in Infection Control, and WHO guidance. General updates and role-specific guidance are being provided to employees regularly.
How can you help?
We are asking that you help us keep Divino a healthy environment by following the CDC’s prevention recommendations.
- When you enter our facility we may ask to take your temperature.
- We will ask that guests wait outside the facility or in the car.
- We will offer you the opportunity to wait in the car as well. We will call your cell phone when we are ready for you.
- Know the symptoms: Symptoms may appear 2-14 days after exposure and may include fever, cough, and shortness of breath.
- Please call and change your appointment and stay home when you are sick or exhibiting early symptoms of illness.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then dispose of the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces like doorknobs, and handles using a household disinfectant on a regular basis.
- Please use the provided hand sanitizer when entering and exiting Divino.
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds before eating; after going to the bathroom; and after blowing your nose, coughing or sneezing.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer containing at least 60% alcohol. Always wash hands with soap and water if hands are visibly dirty.
- Be prepared and informed on COVID-19 by obtaining regular updates at www.cdc.gov.
Remembering what we’ve learned from other global outbreaks
COVID-19 isn’t the first epidemic we’ve faced, and what we’ve learned from H1N1 and Ebola has helped prepare us to take care of patients today. While every health event has unique elements, the adjustments Divino has made in the past continue to pay dividends for managing COVID-19. These include equipping locations with Universal Precaution Kits, hand and surface sanitizers and other items, in accordance with CDC recommendations, so employees can maintain their own health and the health of those patients should a patient show signs of infection.
While no one can predict with certainty to what extent California will be impacted by the coronavirus, we are monitoring the situation and preparing to the best of our ability to keep our patients and employees healthy. Please feel free to contact us with any questions you might have.
We value you and your family! Thank you for doing your part by following the CDC recommendations and those set forth by Divino Plastic Surgery.
Your team at Divino Plastic Surgery & Spa.