Scars detract from your appearance whether they’re due to cosmetic surgery, an illness like chicken pox, or a skin condition like acne. Scar therapy helps patients treat or prevent scars gradually with either silicone sheeting or reduce the appearance of existing scars more aggressively with laser treatments.
Scar Therapy evens out the skin’s surface, reducing the unpleasant look of acne and other scars. As a result it rejuvenates the skin bringing back that youthful and healthy looking glow. You will see and experience quick results and will feel rejuvenated in no time.
Scar Revision Procedure
Using the latest laser technology, the beam of the laser penetrates the pores of the skin, smoothing the deep layers of the skin and improving the skin tone. Unless viewed under the microscope, the miniscule penetration of the laser is not visible to the naked eye. For this reason, there is a very short recovery time, results are immediate, and the skin will heal in a matter of 1 to 3 days.
What are the Benefits of Scar Therapy?
Scars will have a noticeable decrease in appearance with even a single laser scar treatment, and the results last. The treatment reduces the size and appearance of large surgical scars, as well as disturbing acne scars. Laser scar therapy also treats unwanted wrinkles, fine lines, and visible sun damage, while improving the tone of the skin and bringing back that youthful, healthy glow. Because the penetration is barely visible, you can get back to work and go about your daily business in as little as 1 to 3 days.
Scar Therapy Surgery and Recovery
Anesthetic topical ointments and other cooling agents may be used during the procedure. Most patients, however, report a warm, sharp sensation while the procedure is going on. Nonetheless, it is very minor and is not a cause for alarm.
Post procedure, immediate skin tightening and a minor burning sensation are reported by some patients.
Depending on the area of your skin that needs to be treated, usually the whole laser scar treatment procedure only takes 30 minutes to an hour. You may get back on your feet after the treatment or you may choose to rest and relax.
Some patients return to work the next day after having their laser scar treatment, while some patients may choose to relax for a couple of days to relieve the minor burning sensation that they are feeling after their laser scar treatment. However, it is advisable to avoid sun exposure and harsh environmental elements for 1 to 3 days after treatment.
Request a consultation with Dr. Chacon at Divino Plastic Surgery today or call us at 858-633-7546.
The DIVINO Difference
- Dr. Chacon specializes in cosmetic procedures of the face, nose, breast, and body.
- Dr. Chacon completed thousands of procedures in advanced fellowship training specializing in cosmetic surgery endorsed by the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery.
- Dr. Chacon served as an Aesthetic Surgery Clinical Instructor for the University of Southern California Division of Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery in Los Angeles, CA.
- Dr. Chacon has a keen eye for aesthetic artistry; his peers and patients recognize Dr. Chacon as the plastic surgeon that delivers desired results.
- Dr. Chacon has contributed to multiple, large clinical studies on a number of procedures and safety, presenting in statewide and national meetings.
- Dr. Chacon is a Continuing Medical Education Course Instructor in advanced surgical techniques.
- Dr. Chacon has coauthored and presented clinical studies on the Safety of Combined Surgery.
- Dr. Chacon’s Experience and Philosophy
- Dr. Chacon’s Professional Resume