What is a Hot Stone Massage?
A hot stone massage is a special type of massage wherein the therapist makes use of smooth and heated stones while massaging the individual’s body. These stones may be placed on the body or utilized as an extension of the therapist’s hands. The heat in the stones promotes deep relaxation of the muscles.
Why Consider Hot Stone Massage?
Consider getting a hot stone massage if you feel stressed and need a source of relaxation. Most of our clients report that they are also able to sleep better after the procedure.
How a Stone Massage Works
The stones, which are usually basalt, are sanitized and heated before the massage session begins. The therapist will start working on your back by using the traditional massage while holding the heated stone in his or her hands. Different stone sizes will be used during the process, depending on the size of the muscles being worked on.
Our therapists at Spa Divino may also leave some heated stones on particular areas of your body, such as along your spine, on your belly, between your toes, or in the palms of your hand in order to promote good flow of energy throughout the body.
Are you a Candidate of Hot Stone Massage?
This special massage is for you if you do not have certain medical conditions, such as hypertension, diabetes, or heart disease. You may be prohibited to get a hot stone massage if you are on blood-thinning medications or pregnant. Our therapists will determine if you are fit for the procedure or not.
The DIVINO Difference
- Dr. Chacon specializes in cosmetic procedures of the face, nose, breast, and body.
- Dr. Chacon completed thousands of procedures in advanced fellowship training specializing in cosmetic surgery endorsed by the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery.
- Dr. Chacon served as an Aesthetic Surgery Clinical Instructor for the University of Southern California Division of Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery in Los Angeles, CA.
- Dr. Chacon has a keen eye for aesthetic artistry; his peers and patients recognize Dr. Chacon as the plastic surgeon that delivers desired results.
- Dr. Chacon has contributed to multiple, large clinical studies on a number of procedures and safety, presenting in statewide and national meetings.
- Dr. Chacon is a Continuing Medical Education Course Instructor in advanced surgical techniques.
- Dr. Chacon has coauthored and presented clinical studies on the Safety of Combined Surgery.
- Dr. Chacon’s Experience and Philosophy
- Dr. Chacon’s Professional Resume